Desktop environment: CLI
Architecture: x86, ARM
Based on: Independent
Media: Live CD
The last version | Released: 3.9.5 | January 16, 2021
Zobacz po polsku: Zeroshell
Zeroshell – a Linux based distribution dedicated to the implementation of Router and Firewall Appliances completely administrable via web interface. Zeroshell is available for x86/x86-64 platforms and ARM based devices such as Raspberry Pi.
– Load Balancing and Failover of Multiple Internet Connections
– VPN Site to Site and VPN Host to Site
– Captive Portal Access for Internet Hotspot
– Firewall Rules using Deep Packet Inspection (Layer 7 Filters and nDPI)
– Quality of Services and Traffic Shaping using Deep Packet Inspection
– Transparent Web Proxy with Antivirus and URL Black Lists
– RADIUS Authentication and Accounting
– Bridging and VLAN Management
– Wireless Access Point with Multiple SSID Support
– Mobile Connections
– Tracking and Logging of the Network Connections
Zeroshell is available as a live CD or Flash disk image and can be configured using a web browser.
The distribution has been developed since 2005 (first beta on June 25, 2006), its developer is Fulvio Ricciardi.
On April 18, 2021 the developer announced of closing down the project.