Last Updated on: 7th May 2022, 03:44 pm
Web site: ipcop.org (not active)
Desktop environment: CLI, web interface
Based on: Independent
Wikipedia (PL): IPCop
The last version | Released: 2.1.9 | February 23, 2015
Zobacz po polsku: IPCop Firewall
IPCop Firewall – an independent Linux distribution based on the 2.6.32 kernel. It offers a ready to use network router configured from a web browser or by SSH. The latest stable version of the distribution is 2.1.9. IPCop is a Linux distribution which works as a router and firewall, and it has many functions to manage network, and is very simple to install.
IPCop is an open source software project based on the GPL License.
In addition to the standard functions, you can expand it with a number of additions that allow you:
– monitoring condition of a motherboard – MBMon / MBmongraph (temperature, fan speed, voltage)
– hard drive status monitoring – HDDTemp / Smartctrl / HDDGraph
– daily / monthly transfer monitoring – NET-Traffic
– checking availability of hosts in the local network – Who Is Online?
– using of excess of router / computer performance to participate in BOINC – BOINC projects
– buffering (speeding up) of improvements / service pack for Windows – Update Accelerator
– using a WLAN card as an accespoint.
The project was under active development between 2008 and 2015.