Web site: trisquel.info
Desktop environment: GNOME, LXDE
Architecture: x86, x86-64
Based on: Ubuntu
Media: Live DVD
The last version | Released: 8.0 | April 18, 2018
Zobacz po polsku: Trisquel GNU/Linux
Trisquel GNU/Linux – a fully free operating system for home users, small enterprises and educational centers. Trisquel is derived from Ubuntu, but only includes free software. It’s free in the freedom sense. Users may run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve Trisquel (or any part of it).
The project began in 2004 with sponsorship of the University of Vigo for Galician language support in education software.
The project director is Rubén Rodríguez.
Trisquel editions are:
– Intended for home and office
– Ready for productivity, entertainment, networking, and more
– Runs a customized version of the GNOME Flashback desktop environment
– Intended for netbooks, older computers and a lightweight user experience
– Runs a customized version of the LXDE desktop environment
– More appropriate for servers or minimal systems
– A small download, text mode installer or with the command line interface and requiring an Internet connection to set up.
Trisquel Sugar TOAST:
– Intended for children and teachers
– Sugar desktop interface integrates collaboration, reflection and discovery.
Trisquel 1.0 was based on Debian 4.0 (Etch), but all next versions are based on Ubuntu.
In 2008, Trisquel was included by the Free Software Foundation (FSF) in its list of Linux distributions endorsed by the Free Software Foundation.
Trisquel GNU/Linux is still under development, the latest version of 8.0 was released in April 2018.
Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0 i686 1.51GB.iso
Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0 amd64 1.52GB.iso
Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0 Mini i386 617MB.iso
Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0 Mini amd64 623MB.iso