Last Updated on: 24th July 2023, 04:12 pm
Web site: asplinux.ru (not active)
Category: Desktop, Server
Desktop environment: KDE, GNOME
Architecture: x86, x86_64, PowerPC
Based on: Fedora
Wikipedia (RU): ASPLinux
The last version | Released: 14 | November 26, 2008
ASPLinux (Application Service Provider Linux) – a Russian distribution of the Linux operating system. It is based on the RPM packages, and it is fully compatible with Fedora distribution. Russian language support in this distribution works out of the box. Previously, the location was maintained for almost all Cyrillic codings: KOI8-R, KOI8-U, CP1251, ISO 8859-5, UTF-8. Starting from version 12, the team of designers departed from supporting many Cyrillic codings, leaving only UTF-8, and also resigned from the company’s installer, replacing it with Anaconda.
Up to version 9, ASPLinux was based on the Red Hat system. All next versions are based on Fedora distribution.
ASPLinux is easiest to install and use, 100% RedHat compatible Linux distribution. Full featured graphical and text mode installation program includes unique partitioning tool ASPDiskManager allowing to repartition your hard drive during installation without data loss. In order to simplify multibooting procedure we bundle ASPLinux with powerful graphical bootmanager ASPLoader. ASPLinux provides best available Asian and European languages localization. It bundles the best available Linux applications making it suitable for both home/office and server use. ASPLinux includes several graphical user environments such as KDE, GNOME and others to make your work with it a pleasure.
ASPLinux can be installed on a computer with at least i686 CPU, at least 128 Mb RAM, a CD-ROM drive for installation from a CD-ROM, a VGA-compatible
video-board and monitor.
– Deluxe – 2 DVDs with the system and source texts of the program (the widest set of programs), 3 printed instructions, 90 days of technical support;
– Standard – 2 DVDs with the system and source texts of the program, 2 printed instructions, 60 days of technical support;
– LiveMedia Edition – 1 DVD with the system, 1 printed manual, 30 days of technical support;
– Express – 1 DVD with system, 30 days of technical support;
– Greenhorn – LiveCD-distribution variant (in the latest version of LiveDVD), 10 days of technical support;
– ASPLinux Server.
ASPLinux is a business unit of SWsoft, a multinational software development company with headquarter in Singapore and offices in USA and Europe. ASPLinux contacts: Moscow, Russia.