Web site: multidistro.com (not active)
Desktop environment: Fluxbox
Based on: Arch Linux, Debian, Slackware, Ubuntu
The last version | Released: ? | 2010 ?
nFluxOS – a Linux live CD built on and based on distributions: Slackware Current, Ubuntu LTS, Debian Squeeze and Arch Linux. All are LiveCD’s that can run from CD, USB, and Hard Drive in frugal persistent mode or traditional installed-to-Hard Drive mode (Slackware HD install postponed, but manual install is available).
All the versions come with Fluxbox graphical environment and with the same category of applications, except for some exceptions, for example:
– Editors: Kompozer, Leafpad, Nano, Gvim, Abiword, Gaiksaurus
– Files: PCManFM, Rox-filer, MidnightCommander
– Graphics: Gimp, Imagemagick, Geeqie
– Internet: Firefox 3.6.3 (Ubuntu/Slackware), Iceweasel 3.5.9 (Debian), Flash 10+, Irssi, Xchat, Gftp, Links, Lynx, Irssi, Wifi-Radar, wireless-tools, WICD or Network-Manager, aircrack-ng, wireshark
– Multimedia: Audacious, Alsamixergui, Alsaplayer, Gxine, Clementine(Slack), isomaster, xcd-roast
– Terminals: rxvt-unicode, xterm, terminator, and Terminal (xfce4-terminal)
Slackware comes with some interesting addons, anyone who wishes can have KDE 3.5 installed.
As the name suggests, nFlux will always be “in flux”; as the distro evolves every attempt will be made to add or remove applications, scripts, etc in a effort to make each of the three varieties as similar to each other in form and function, without losing their identities.
No download is available.