Last Updated on: 5th May 2022, 09:54 pm
Web site: onebaselinux.com (not active)
Desktop environment: KDE
Based on: Independent
The last version | Released: 1.0 | August 17, 2005
Onebase Linux – a multi-purpose operating system (OS) based on the linux kernel for PC (x86) with its own package management and administration tools.
Main features are:
– Package Management System – This formed the basis this project. A versatile package manager with seamless support for binary and source packages. It enables easy management and updation of the system with robust functionality.
– Onebase Portal – A comprehensive system management center that is modular and provides various tools for desktop, hardware, system, network and package administration
– Infrastructure – A remodeled boot system and improved file-hierarchy with per package folders (under /OL-apps) yet fully maintaining UNIX compatibility.
– Specialized versions – Onebase Linux provides different installers like Net-Installer, HD-installer that comes with OnebaseGo LiveCD. And regularly introduces special LiveCD editions such as for Games, Development etc.
– More features – Other stuff includes – System Restore points, Automate Tasks, Security Updates, Network OLM, Concurrent Installs, Beta gallery and much more…
An install iso provides the flexible Net-Installer (requires Internet) meant for Linux Professionals and Business who want a customized system to suit their needs.
The HD-Installer provided by OnebaseGo is contrast to this, it is fast, fixed and pre-configured. Which would be useful to users who need a quick install or with slow Net connection besides other advantages.
– OnebaseGo is the main LiveCD that is meant of for satisfying all basic computing needs. View its “features” page to know the important software included in it.
– The special editions of OnebaseGo such as Games, Develop focuses on a particular field by providing more related software, documentation and tools for it.
– For example, a programmer would choose “DevelopGo” since it provides lots of IDE, dev utilities, offline developer guides and over 11 languages to program with.
No download is available.