Web site: www.slynux.co.nr (not active)
Desktop environment: KDE
Based on: KNOPPIX
Media: Live CD
The last version | Released: 2.0 | July 2005
SLYNUX – a KNOPPIX based, user friendly GNU/Linux Operating System for beginners, it can be run completely from CD without installation.
The main feature of SLYNUX is that, any person who is familiar with Microsoft Windows OS can handle this operating system very easily. The desktop is arranged to make it friendly to users. Also it has a wide range of pre-installed applications for daily usage.
It automatically recognizes and supports many types of graphic cards, sound cards, SCSI devices and other peripheral devices.
It also includes Malayalam fonts pre-configured, the principal language of the South Indian state of Kerala.
SLYNUX is a live Linux distribution which includes content of about 2GB made available by using transparent compression. This can be also installed on a hard drive and used by beginners of Linux OS.
– Intel-compatible CPU (i486 or better),
– 20 MB of ram for text mode, and at least 64 MB for graphic mode with KDE & XPDE. (Recommended : 256 MB of RAM)
– a bootable CD-ROM/DVD drive
– a standard SVGA-compatible graphics card,
– and a standard serial or PS/2 mouse, or IMPS/2-compatible USB Mouse.
The project developer is Sarath Lakshman.
SLYNUX 2.0 i386 730MB.iso