Web site: sourceforge.net/projects/glados/
Desktop environment: CLI
Based on: FreeDOS
The last version | Released: |
GLaDOS – Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System is an operating system for personal computers. Inspired by the fictional artificial intelligence GLaDOS from Valve’s Portal video game series, this operating system is a fully functional replica of the operating system from the games based on the FreeDOS operating system.
GLaDOS is based on FreeDOS 1.0, a free and open-source operating system developed as a replacement for Microsoft DOS (MS-DOS), and both FreeDOS and GLaDOS can run programs intended for MS-DOS. Popular programs such as Fallout 1, Microsoft Word, Doom, Lotus 1-2-3, and more run flawlessly under GLaDOS without emulation.
– Drivers for Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device
– 4DOS command line for improved command-line functionality
– XCDROM and SHSUCDX to add support for CD drives
– Remote control support for Aperture Science Sentry Turrets
– DOSLFN 0.41 to add Windows Long File Name support
– CuteMouse 2.1 Beta 4 for programs that require mouse
GLaDOS is capable of running on any Intel 80386 CPU (or higher) PC with 512KB of RAM, and is available as a bootable floppy image or a bootable CD.
The project developer was Corbin Davenport.
Download is not available