Last Updated on: 10th May 2022, 06:29 pm
Web site: www.xtreme-os.pl (not active)
Desktop environment: KDE, Gnome
Architecture: x86, x86_64
Based on: Mandriva Linux
Media: Install DVD
The last version | Released: 4.0 Community | June 1, 2010
Zobacz po polsku: XtremeOS
XtremeOS – a commercial, Polish Linux distribution based on Mandriva Linux.
It started in 2007 as a Xtreme Pack, created by Mandriva Polish community team.
Starting from the 3rd version of Xtreme, the system has been created by Amazis.net team.
The iso images contain some extra packages, such as:
– the latest versions of proprietary drivers
– full multimedia support
– web browser plugins
– extra desktop themes
– Compiz-Fusion 3D window manager
– support for GPRS/UMTS/HSDPA/EDGE technology
– support for ‘neostrada tp’ and others ADSL based technology
– support for Blueconnect, Orange Free and others mobile providers
– Cedega and CrossOver pre-installed for MS Windows applications support
The system was available in a few flavours:
– XtremeOS – for a hard drive installation
– XtremeOS USB – for an USB disk installation
– XtremeOS OEM – for brand new hard disk installation
– XtremeOS EDU – for education
– XtremeOS Community – free version contains open-source packages only
– Mandriva Linux 2007 Xtreme
– Xtreme2 Pack – 2008
– Xtreme 3.0 on February 5, 2009
– Xtreme 4.0 on December 29, 2009
– Xtreme 4.0 Community (previous: Lite) which contains open-source packages only, was released in June 2010 as the last one.
If the informations are not correct, contact me via a comment form, please.