Web site: http://skolelinux.org/ (not active)
Desktop environment: KDE
Architecture: x86, x86_64
Based on: Debian
Media: Install CD/USB
The last version | Released: 8 | July 2, 2016
Zobacz po polsku: Skolelinux
Skolelinux (aka Debian EDU) – a special Linux distribution based on Debian stable brunch, created for educational use.
The Skolelinux project started on July 2, 2001.
It was associated with the member organization “Linux in schools”, which was founded on July 16, 2001. “Linux in schools” later changed its name to “Free Software in Schools”.
The installation CD/USB lets install the system on a few different ways/machines, such as:
– main server
– workstation – a disk free workstation which works in the DebianEdu network
– roaming workstation – a workstation which works in the DebianEdu network and independently, out of the network
– thin client server – contains the workstation and need two network devices
– standalone – a fully featured workstation contains the KDE desktop environment, and can works out of the DebianEdu network
– minimal – a fully integrated with DebianEdu network, text based core system without GUI
The system offers about 75 applications for education purpose, and a few tools which helps managing the system and network settings.
Skolelinux is available as a DVD/USB installation media only.
There is an unofficial, Skolelinux Standalone based Live version for testing the distribution, with a live installer of your choice.
Skolelinux 8 i386/amd64 CD/USB.iso
Skolelinux 7.1 i386/amd64 670MB.iso
Skolelinux 7.1 Live i386 2.9GB.iso
Skolelinux 7.1 Live x86_64 3.0GB.iso