Last Updated on: 7th December 2020, 09:05 pm
Web site: netboz.net (not active)
Desktop environment: CLI, web interface
Based on: FreeBSD
The last version | Released: 1.4 beta8 | May 20, 2003
NetBoz Firewall – a FreeBSD based CD-ROM firewall with a web administration interface. NetBoz works over standard FreeBSD services, giving maximum flexibility, ease of use and performance to corporate networks.
It does not use a hard disk, while all the settings are stored on a write-protectable diskette, making it virtually inmune to intrusions and power failures.
– Any 586 type CPU fits (Pentium or better):
* Pentium, Pentium Pro, Pentium II, Pentium III, Pentium 4 and its variants (Celeron) and the
* AMD line ( Am5x86, K5, K6, Athlon and Duron).
– The mother board must have a PCI bus. Its is desirable that it doesn’t have an integrated network card. If it has one and NetBoz is not able to detect it automatically, then it should be necessary to disable it from the BIOS and install an additional PCI network adapter.
– A minimum RAM of 64 MB, while 128 MB are enough for almost all the applications.