Web site: www.edupup.org (not active)
Desktop environment: IceWM
Based on: Puppy
Media: Live CD
The last version | Released: 2.0.0 | December 11, 2007
EduPup – a Puppy based, Linux distribution as an educational release which has a selection of learning games and parental controls.
EduPup 2 is Puppy 3.01 based, and it is a 140 Mb distro. So it should work with 128 Mb of RAM but it is better to have also a bit of swap. It should work also with 64 Mb of RAM and a big swap partition.
EduPup contains pre-installed appliacations, such as:
– General: Firefox, MPlayer, GSlapt package manager, Puppy Software Installer By MU, Petget Package manager
– For kids:
* TuxPuck – Funny and simple hockey table game
* TuxMath 1.5.7 – Great game to learn math
* TuxType2 1.5.3 – Learning to type the keyboard
* TuxPaint 0.9.14 – Paint and fun Smile
* ChildsPlay 0.90
– a parental control to lock the access to adult website by the kids
The project developer is Antonio Sanguigni alias slapshot.