Last Updated on: 17th November 2016, 11:50 am
Web site: www.eduknoppix.org (not active)
Desktop environment: KDE
Based on: Knoppix
Wikipedia (it): eduKnoppix
Media: Live CD
The last version | Released: 3.0.2 | February 10, 2007
eduKnoppix – an Italian Linux distribution based on Knoppix, designed for teachers and young students between 8 and 15 years old.
eduKnoppix has been especially created for teaching and features pre-installed applications such as:
– Maxima – a computer algebra system
– GNU Octave – a high-level programming language, primarily intended for numerical computations
– Kig – an interactive geometry software
– Dr. Geo – an interactive geometry software
– Kalzium – a periodic table of the elements for KDE Software Compilation 4
– scelix – a scientific software
– GeoGebra – an interactive geometry, algebra, statistics and calculus application
– KmPlot- a mathematical function plotter for the KDE Desktop
– KStars – a planetarium program using the KDE Platform
– Blender, Gimp, OpenOffice.org, Skencil
– Icedove, Iceweasel, KGet, Kopete, Konqueror, Krdc, Sun Jave 5.0
– MPlayer, XMMS, K3b
The default locale is Italian.
eduKnoppix was under development between 2003 and 2007.
eduKnoppix 3.1 rc1 i386 656MB.iso