Last Updated on: 11th January 2017, 12:15 pm
Web site: mutagenix.org (not active)
Desktop environment: KDE
Based on: Slackware, Slax
Media: Live CD
The last version | Released: 184.108.40.206-2 | August 19, 2007
Mutagenix (myoot’-a-jen-iks) – a dynamic and mutable a Linux live CD based on Slackware Linux and Linux-Live build scripts. Slapt-get is the foundation for the Mutagenix build system.
It starts automatically as a dhcp client, and contains an integrated firewall which auto starts on DHCP networks in stealth mode.
Other goals are:
– the Slapt-get, with multiple rc files with different sources, is included.
– Cpan2tgz for automatically downloading and installing perl modules.
– Ext2 partitioned USB keys will be mounted as your home dir (/root) so your environment can be saved.
– an xorg.conf on the mounted USB key will be used instead of the default supplied xorg.conf
– test applications for creating a load across a network. Includes smtp and http sources and sinks.
– Windows password changing utility.
The latest version of Mutagenix was released in 2007.
Mutagenix 220.127.116.11-2 i486 705MB.iso