Last Updated on: 8th May 2022, 12:17 pm
Web site: ebox-technologies.com (not active)
Desktop environment: CLI, Web
Based on: Ubuntu
Media: Install CD
The last version | Released: 1.4.2 | May 11, 2010
Zobacz po polsku: Zentyal Server
eBox Platform – an open source framework, based on the GNU/Linux operating system, oriented to centralise and manage all the services in a network.
It offers a layer of abstraction and management for all the network services offered on a machine. Initially accessible by a simple web interface, eBox Platform integrates all the necessary functionalities for the management of corporate networks, and offers a simplified development environment for the addition of new features or adaptations.
eBox Platform features:
* Continuous monitorization of services availability and autocorrection of failures
* Centralized configuration storage system, exporting and importing to XML format
* Automatic backup
* Transactional configuration changes
* Installation and components update management
* Help, alert and error report systems, equipped with intelligence and context control
* Registry of logs incorporated
* Internationalization and multilanguage support
* Hardware independence: support for wireless connectivity devices, RDSI or ADSL and for Serial storage ATA and SCSI
* Unlimited network interfaces and storage units
* eBox live interface
The modular system on which it is based guarantees the complete integration of the different services and components, which are distributed using Debian packaging system. Among them there are the following ones:
* Firewall with high level objects
* Email server
* Instant messaging
* Shared storage
* Network autoconfiguration and time synchronization
* Proxy-cache with contents control
* Users and groups, with LDAP and Samba support, completely integrated with the rest of services
The latest version of eBox Platfor 1.4.2 is based on Ubuntu Server 8.04.3 Hardy Haron.
eBox Platform has been upgraded to Zentyal Server.