Last Updated on: 20th January 2018, 05:19 pm
Web site: blog.sourcepole.ch/2006/11/16/gis-knoppix-en/
Origin: Switzerland ?
Desktop environment: KDE
Based on: Knoppix
Media: Live CD
The last version | Released: 1.2 | March 5, 2005
GIS Knoppix – a Knoppix based bootable Linux CD with pre-installed GIS software.
The live CD is shipped with applications such as:
– KDE desktop environment and many applications
– GRASS 6.2 Raster/vector GIS, image processing system, and graphics production system
– PostgreSQL 184.108.40.206 Postgres database with PostGIS extension
– MySQL 5.0.21 MySQL database with spatial extensions
– QGis 0.8 Viewer and data analysis for vector and raster data with PostGIS support
– QGis 0.6 Viewer and data analysis for vector and raster data with PostGIS support
– TerraView 2.0 Viewer and data analysis for vector with DB support
– Jump 1.1.2 Workbench for viewing, editing, and processing spatial datasets
– Thuban 1.0.0 Interactive geographic data viewer
– MapLab 2.0.1 Suite of web-based tools to create and manage MapServer applications and map files
– MapDesk 0.7 Viewer/editor for UMN Mapserver
– Interlis Compiler and UML editor for Interlis formats
– and other software GPSdrive, GPSMan, …
The project developer is Pirmin Kalberer.
GIS Knoppix 1.2 i386 706MB.iso