Last Updated on: 20th January 2018, 05:32 pm
Flash Linux – a compact distribution designed exclusively to run off 256MB USB keys or other bootable Flash based media. It includes hardware detection (including LAN and Modem), auto configuration, a Gnome desktop, and associated office tools.
Flash Linux is relatively robust when it comes to hardware auto-detection and recognition. If you come across a device that does not work (that you think either should, or you would like it to) please feel free to submit feedback.
– an IBM PC compatible computer that is capable of booting off a USB Hard Disk is essential
– a minimum of 128Mb of RAM is essential
– aim for a CPU of Celeron or P4 with a clock speed in excess of 1GHz
– 256Mb of memory (or more) makes for a much nicer user experience
– a graphics display / monitor that runs at either 1024×768 or 1280×1024 is preferred
– a networked PC with access to a DHCP server is preferred
– if no network connection is available, external modems and some internal Winmodems are supported
Flash Linux 0.3.4 RC2 i386 370MB.iso