Web site: www.delilinux.org (not active)
Desktop environment: IceWM
Based on: Independent
Wikipedia: DeLi Linux
Media: Install CD
The last version | Released: 0.8 | May 28, 2008
DeLi Linux (Desktop Light Linux) – a lightweight desktop distribution of Linux, designed for old computers. DeLi Linux needs a i386 CPU and 32 MB RAM memory as a minimum, but it should work smoothly with a i486.
DeLi features number of lightweight applications for daily usage such as:
– Office: Abiword and Siag Office
– Network: NetSurf and Skipstone web browsers, Mutt and Sylpheed email clients
– Window managers: IceWM and Fluxbox
– Editors: e3, elvis and Beaver
Up to version 0.6.1 DeLi Linux was based on Slackware 7 and was using Linux kernel 2.2.
DeLi Linux 0.7 is built from scratch with Linux kernel 22.214.171.124, but still uses the Slackware package management, and a port system based on CRUX.
The last available version of DeLi 0.8 was released in 2008.
DeLi Linux was under development since August 2010, when the founder of the project Henry Jensen finished its development.
Henry created two successors of DeLi Linux:
– ConnochaetOS – based on Slackware (discontinued)
– Deli(cate) Linux – under development