Last Updated on: 10th May 2023, 04:59 pm
Web site: www.archeos.eu (not active)
Desktop environment: Xfce
Architecture: x86, x86_64
Based on: Debian
Media: Live DVD
The last version | Released: 5.0 alpha1 | April 15, 2015
Zobacz po polsku: ArcheOS
ArcheOS (Archeological Operating System) – a GNU/Linux live distribution built with archaeologist needs in mind.
ArcheOS uses Xfce desktop environment and contains a set of applications, such as:
– CAD: LibreCAD
– Data base: Spatialite, SQLite
– GIS: GRASS, Josm, openJUMP, QGIS
– 3D graphics: Blender, InVesalius, MakeHuman, Meshlab, Whitedune
– Dendrychronology: Tellervo
– Graphics: Darktable, Gimp, ImageJ, Inkscape, Shutter, Ristretto
– Photogrammetry: Python Photogrammetry Toolbox, rectification
– Others: LibreOffice, Ipe, Jabref, LyX Processor, Scribus, Texmaker, Marble, RStudio
Versions 1 of ArcheOS was based on PCLinuxOS.
Versions 2 and 3 on Kubuntu.
Starting from version 4, the system is based on Debian GNU/Linux.