Last Updated on: 8th May 2022, 08:09 pm
Web site: linuxmce.org
Category: Multimedia, Home Control, Telecommunication
Desktop environment: 10-foot user interface
Based on: Kubuntu
Media: Live DVD
The last version | Released: 1004 | January 23, 2013
Zobacz po polsku: LinuxMCE
LinuxMCE (Linux Media Center Edition) – a Linux distribution based on Kubuntu, which lets users controlling all home’s devices.
LinuxMCE was begun by Paul Webber as a fork of the PlutoHome home automation software project.
LinuxMCE is a whole home automation suite. It the ‘digital glue’ between your media and all of your electrical appliances.
The LinuxMCE package is installed on the Kubuntu, and utilizes open source applications such as Asterisk, Xine, MythTV, VDR, Firefox, VideoLAN and SlimServer.
It includes full featured solutions for:
– Organize media with special metadata tags
– View/Listen to media in any room
– Media automatically follows you through your home
– New media is automatically detected – even if it’s on other devices like another computer on your network or Network Attached Storage (NAS)
– Control all your A/V gear through LinuxMCE
– (using HDMI-CEC, IR, USB, Ethernet, or RS-232) including automatically powering everything on and setting the proper inputs on each device
– Monitor sensors and trigger events
– Monitor security cameras
– Use VoIP phones anywhere in your home with minimal setup
– Voicemail, call forwarding, advanced caller ID
– Take the place of a standard home router
– Advanced firewall
– Advanced Quality of Service (QoS) to make sure your bandwidth is used effectively
– (especially important for VoIP)
– Manage networked storage (such as NAS devices)
Home Control and Automation:
– Control climate and lighting throughout your entire home
The ‘linuxmce.png’ file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license. Source of the ‘linuxmce.png’ file: Wikimedia Commons
LinuxMCE 1004 x86 3.69GB.iso