Web site: www.igelle.com (not active)
Desktop environment: Esther
Based on: Independent
The last version | Released: 1.0 | February 22, 2010
Igelle DSV – a Linux based operating system for personal computer desktops. Igelle DSV provides a general-purpose desktop operating system for desktop computers, laptops, netbooks and the like, and is in this release made available to personal computers using Intel-compatible processors (x86).
Igelle is designed to run on various different devices, including desktop/laptop computers, cellular phones, mobile internet devices and other handheld computers.
The Esther Desktop was based on LXDE and uses Gnome in combination with a Mac-style dock taskbar.
General info from the project site said:
– distributed as a live CD that can be used without installation;
– can be installed to a local hard drive, flash memory, USB disk, or other storage media attached to the computer;
– lightweight graphical desktop that does not use much memory and runs fast;
– standard desktop applications; easily install other third-party applications such as Skype, Flash player and OpenOffice.org.
– key software components: Linux kernel 18.104.22.168, glibc 2.8, GCC 4.3.2, X.Org Server 1.6.0
Igelle was independent developed and all packages were compiled straight from upstream sources.
No download is available.