Web site: www.forlex.it (not active)
Desktop environment: LXDE
Based on: Debian
Media: Live DVD
The last version | Released: 2.0.5 | February 14, 2013
Zobacz po polsku: ForLEx
ForLEx (Forensic Live Examination) – a Debian based, Linux distribution providing an open-source environment for forensic examinations.
The distribution offers several useful utilities for forensic analysis.
It uses a lightweight LXDE desktop environment on the top of the Debian “Squeeze” base.
The system doesn’t offer much pre-installed applications, but the most important are:
– FTK Imager – a disk imaging program
– Guymager – forensic imager for media acquisition
– ForLEx – disk mount manager
– Ophcrack – Windows Password cracker
– Iceweasel, gFTP, Wicd, AbiWord, Geany, Audacious
The latest version of ForLEx 2.0.5 was released in February 2013
ForLEx 2.0.5 i386 738MB.iso