Last Updated on: 4th June 2021, 07:28 pm
Web site: samuraistfu.org
Category: Security, Pentest
Desktop environment: KDE
Based on: Kubuntu
Media: Virtual Disk Image
The last version | Released: 1.9 | September 22, 2016
Zobacz po polsku: SamuraiSTFU
SamuraiSTFU (Security Testing Framework for Utilities) – a specialized Linux distribution based on Kubuntu.
SamuraiSTFU provides pre-installed:
– tools for penetration testing of wired and wireless networks
– tools for testing traditional applications and networks
– built-in tools for testing devices
– specialized testing tools for the energy sector.
Goals of SamuruaiSTFU:
– Leverage last 5 years of experience developing and managing the SamuraiWTF (Web Testing Framework) project
– Live DVD / VM for performing penetration tests on control systems
** Primary audiences are utilities and vendors in the energy sector
** Secondary audience are utilities from other sectors such as gas, water, oil, and control systems in general
** Tertiary audiences are security contractors and independent researchers
– Include “cream of the crop” free and open source tools for all aspects of SG Pentesting
** Best web pentesting tools (small subset of SamuraiWTF)
** Best network pentesting tools (small subset of Backtrack)
** Best hardware pentesting tools (not currently included on any distribution)
– Extra features designed for utility security teams and security firms trying to gain utility experience:
** Include documentation on tools, architecture, methodology, and protocols
** Include simulated Smart Grid systems for educational purposes
** Include sample packet captures and data dumps for exercises
SamuraiSTFU is available as a VMware virtual disk image.
The project developer is Justin Searle.
SamuraiSTFU 1.9 i686 VMware 4.51GB.zip