Last Updated on: 14th October 2023, 04:23 pm
Web site: hostgis.com/linux.html (not active)
Based on: Slackware
Media: Install CD
The last version | Released: 4.3 | October 30, 2009
HostGIS Linux – a Linux/GNU distribution based on Slackware and specifically made for handling GIS information. The goal of HostGIS Linux is to get you serving GIS maps in minutes, saving you the work of installing MapServer and its many related components.
· All the usual amenities of a Linux distribution: compilers, Perl, etc.
· Apache webserver, with PHP
· MapServer, and MapScript for PHP, Perl, and Python
· PDFlib, with support built in to PHP, Perl, Python, and MapServer
· PostGIS-enabled Postgres database server
· Example maps already installed: shapefiles, ECW raster, PostGIS, MyGIS, WMS server and client, and Flash output
· Webmin, phpMyAdmin, and phpPgAdmin for easy system administration