Web site: blackroute.org (not active)
Desktop environment: Window Maker
Based on: Slackware
Media: Live CD
The last version | Released: 1 | August 4, 2007
BlackRoute – a Slackware based Linux distribution for security and forensic analysis, created for x86 compatible architectures. What is so special about BlackRoute is the fact that it tries to create an Open Source Linux distribution for advanced users, security and network specialists and system administrators.
BlackRoute 0.1 is based on Slackware Linux 11.0 to be more precise and it’s powered by the 126.96.36.199 Linux kernel and WindowMaker window manager.
It contains a lot of applications for forensic analysis tasks, the largest exploits collection ever, such as:
– Disk Management tools: di, diskWriggler, ddrescue, gparted, partimage, parted, testdisk
– Emulators: DosBox, DOSEMU, QEMU, WINE, ZSNES
– Frameworks: Metasploit Framework v3, Web Application Attack, Audit Framework
– Password Crackers: Bob the Boucher, chntpw, John the Ripper, Hydra, ophcrack, samdump2, sipcrack, vnccrack
– Rootkits: BackDoor_LKM, enyelkm_v1.1, mood-nt, mood-nt_2.3, phalanx-b6, StMichael_LKM-0.13
– Wireless tools: AirCrack-NG, NDIS wrapper, HostAP, hotspotter, madWiFi, XAMPP 1.6.3a
BlackRoute can also be used for system rescue tasks, distributed computing or as a simple workstation. It contains support for many file systems, such as: ext2, ext3, reiserfs, reiser4, xfs, jfs, vfat, ntfs, udf, aufs, squashfs, iso9660, and FUSE, that comes with a lot of implementations, like curlftpFS, EncFS, FosFAT, FUSEISO, HTTPFS, LoggedFS, mp3FS, NTFS-3G, SSHFS, UnionFS and WikipediaFS.
The live system is built using Slax Linux-Live scripts.
BlackRoute 0.1 i386 599MB.iso