Web site: distro.ibiblio.org/anubis-linux/site/
Desktop environment: KDE
Architecture: x86, x86_64
Based on: SimplyMepis
Media: Live CD
The last version | Released: 2 | May 2, 2010
Anubis-Linux – a SimplyMepis based Linux distribution designed for Linux newbies, system programmers, and computer science enthusiasts.
The live iso image features a big amount of:
– desktop-oriented applications, which can be used as a starting point for learning Linux
– low-level system programmer’s tools
– a selection of pentest tools
– Wine and DosBox to install/run DOS/Windows-based applications
– a tool to remaster the system of your own
Anubis uses the Debian unstable “Sid” repository, alongside the Mepis as well.
The default desktop environment is KDE 3.5.10.
The distribution was under development between 2009 and 2011, and the founder and developer of Anubis-Linux is Robert Fahy.