Web site: https://sourceforge.net/projects/amadesktop
Desktop environment: Gnome
Based on: Ubuntu
Media: Live CD
The last version | Released: 2007-1.07 RC4 | December 4, 2007
AMA Desktop Linux – a Linux Distribution for AMA Computer University that aims to provide an interface that is comfortable to existing Microsoft Windows users.
Some of features present in the distribution:
– Welcome Center – aims to provide a brief introduction of the basics of AMA Desktop 2007.
– Personal Proxy Wizard – set up squid for personal proxy server, to make internet surfing faster.
– Windows Compatibility Tool – a tool to configure Wine and everything Windows related like NTFS and msttcorefonts.
– Consolidators – Those are the applications that consolidates all other applications into a single window. It aims to make the menus simple. (ie, File Sharing, Network Browsers and Tools, Encryption, Mobile Devices)
– File System Preferences – Make the root file system easy to navigate. This tool offers an option to hide all other directories in the root and provide a symbolic links for them.
– Desktop-Init – This provides the users with the default directories for AMA Desktop 2007, randomly choose a Face picture if it’s not available, and emblemize the default directories.
– Resource Manager – A tool that detects the system memory and disables some services via gconf if the memory is not met.
– Live Chat Support – An interface to create an account in Freenode and to communicate with other AMA Desktop 2007 users.
– Local Network Messenger – An interface that helps the user to create Bonjour IM service and provide an option to load them automatically upon boot.
– Draw Anywhere – An interface for gromit, that provides annotation capabilities even without Compiz. This is intended for presentations.
– Multicast Filesharing – An interface for udpcast, that sends files to multitude of computers within the network.
The latest version of AMA Desktop Linux 1.07 RC4 was based on Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn.
AMA Desktop Linux 2007-1.07 RC4 i386 658MB.iso