Web site: michalos.sourceforge.io
Origin: Czech Republic
Desktop environment: TUI
Based on: MikeOS
Media: Live CD
The last version | Released: 3.0 | December 31, 2020
Zobacz po polsku: MichalOS
MichalOS – 16-bit operating system based on MikeOS 4.5, aimed to be more advanced and lightweight on the inside, but simple and easy to use on the outside.
– Many applications/kernel API calls have been improved/rewritten (both in UI and under the hood) + many new custom applications
– Customizable user interface (custom background, window colors, selectable font, screensaver etc.)
– On-screen clock with timezone support
– AdLib synthesizer support (including primitive PWM emulation via PC speaker) – music file player included (as well as a bunch of example files)
– Lots of new kernel API calls
– Loading of compressed applications (ZX7 compressed)
– Certain kernel modules are decompressed at runtime, saving precious memory (also ZX7 compressed)
– System-wide keyboard shortcuts
The system is available in the form of a flash disk image, USB image, ISO image and source code.
The developer of the project is Michal Procházka.
MichalOS 3.0 (ISO Image, Flash Image, USB Image + source code) i386 1.2MB.zip