Chitwanix – a free and open source operating system which is secure, reliable, fast and that fits Nepalese computing habits.
Chitwanix OS released its first version with code name Kadey Vyakur (Spiny Babbler) on September 21st 2013 on the occasion of Software Freedom Day Celebration by FOSS Nepal Community from Kathmandu, Nepal. Chitwanix OS naming convention is based on Nepal recognizing object, place, animal, person name starting with Nepali Letters Ka (क) Kha(ख) Ga(ग) … variation with respective version.
Chitwanix OS version 2.0 is in underdevelopment (?) where side-wise, Chitwanix OS is also localizing into Nepali, Tharu, Newari, Gurung, Magar languages by communities.
– Serving with Nepalese computing feel and taste
– With easy learning curve.
– Promote Create, Share and Collaborate Culture
– Pool of Nepali developers applications
– Pool of Localized applications
Chitwanix 1.5 i386 2.61GB.iso