Web site: cweb.uni-bielefeld.de/agbi/home/index.html (not active)
Desktop environment: Xfce
Based on: Knoppix
Media: Live CD
The last version | Released: 2 RC1 | October 10, 2006
ToBiX – a Linux distribution based on Knoppix (previously on Morphix). With this distribution you just boot from the CD and you have a fully functional LINUX OS distribution with open source applications. Besides using some RAM, ToBiX doesn’t touch the host computer and is ideal for presentations, workshops or other learning or scientific activity on bioinformatics and computational biology.
ToBiX comprises some of the most useful and powerful bioinformatics tools such as:
– Blast 2.0 – Basic Local Alignment Search Tool for rapid searching of nucleotide and protein databases;
– Copasi – software application for simulation and analysis of biochemical networks;
– mpiBLAST – MPI based parallel implementation of NCBI BLAST;
– SimWiz – collection of Java tools for visualization of data resulting from different kinds of biochemical simulation processes;
– Cellware – tool to model whole cell biochemical reactions;
– Gromacs – molecular dynamics simulation package;
– SBML-Editor – tool for the quick creation and edition of SBML files;
– Stocks 2 – software for simulation of biochemical processes using Maximal Time Step Method
ToBix was under development at the Bioinformatics Department, Bielefeld University, Faculty of Technology, Germany.
The project supervisions were Mark Niemann and Benjamin Prins.
ToBiX 2 RC1 i386 657MB.iso