Web site: http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/ (not active)
Desktop environment: KDE
Based on: KNOPPIX
Media: Live CD
The last version | Released: 3.6 | September 1, 2004
clusterKNOPPIX – a specialized Linux distribution based on the Knoppix distribution, which uses the openMosix kernel.
The main features of clusterKNOPPIX:
– OpenMosix terminal server – uses PXE, DHCP and tftp to boot linux clients via the network
– No cdrom drive/harddisk/floppy needed for the clients
– openMosix autodiscovery – new nodes automatically join the cluster (no configuration needed)
– Cluster Management tools – openMosix userland/openMosixview Every node has root access to every other node via ssh/RSAkeys
– MFS/dfsa support
– Every node can run full blown X (PC-room/demo setup) or console only (more memory available)
The distribution’s developer is Wim Vandersmissen.
clusterKNOPPIX 3.6 i386 611MB.iso